GOLF TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
- 54 holes medal (stroke) play
- Flighted after second (2nd) round of play
- Rounds 1 & 2 – MMC TEES
- Round 3 – Championship flight, 1st and 2nd flight – BLUE TEES
- Remaining flights – MMC TEES
- SUMMER RULES IN EFFECT – NO BUMPING!
- 10 STROKE MAXIMUM PER HOLE
- Maximum Eighteen (18) flights
- The eight (8) lowest scores will qualify for the first flight and so on.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each flight
In case of a tie after three (3) rounds of play in the Championship flight, a winner will be determined by a sudden death playoff beginning at hole number 1. All other flight ties will be determined by gross score retrogression. Retrogression is a method of tie breaking that rewards the (of those in a tie) who last held the lead outright. It is based on the lowest aggregate (gross) score for the first 17 holes, then 16 holes, then 15 holes, etc. If there are two or more identical gross scores after 18 holes the winner will be determined by the player that had the lowest total score after hole 17. If still tied, the lowest total after hole 16 and if still tied on to hole 15 and so on to hole 1 if necessary.
SPEED OF PLAY
Slow Play is Hurting the MMC, Here are a few tips to help improve the speed of play for our golf tournament.
- The Tee – First one ready tees off. Limit yourself to no more than 2 practice swings.
- The Fairway – Estimate yardage as you’re going to your ball; sprinkler heads are marked to help out. When you are on a hole that is cart path only take three clubs to your ball.
- Hazards – Track where the ball enters; hit a provisional if there is any doubt that you will find your ball. It is less embarrassing to hit a provisional immediately than having to drive back to the tee and hit another ball while the next group is watching!
- The Green – Read the green while others putt. Don’t always mark your second putt. Take a look and putt it in!